header-photo

Saturday, October 28, 2006

No more death please

Nine year old Julie has three close friends at school - R, T, and C. All three of them were at her camping birthday party in June. All three of them were planning to join Julie at tonight's costume party at our church. All week at school, they'd talked about the costumes they'd wear and the fun they'd have. That was until the world changed for little T.

On Thursday, T was pulled out of class by her aunt. Her friends all knew it had something to do with her mom who'd been sick lately, with breast cancer. On Friday morning, the teacher told the class that T's mom had died and T wouldn't be in school for awhile.

Our home is full of sadness again. Julie is our compassionate little girl who does things like buy all her friends and sister (and half the kids in her class) treats at the bake sale at school yesterday, because she wouldn't want to enjoy them alone. Her little heart is broken for her friend. And my heart is broken for both Julie and her friend. Not only does T not have a mom anymore, she doesn't have a dad in the picture either. According to Julie, his departure has something to do with drugs. Unfortunately, we don't know the family enough to know if there's a strong support system around T and her brother and sister. I wish I knew. If not, I wish I could find that little girl, take her into my home, and protect her somehow. But, because T has left her family home and is apparently with her uncle right now, we don't even know where to find her.

I hate it when I know there is a little girl hurting, and Julie would do almost anything to comfort her, and we can do nothing. I tried to phone the school yesterday to see if they had contact information, but by the time I thought of it, the office was closed.

Last night, I crawled into bed with Julie, and we cried and prayed, and cried and prayed some more. It was all we could do. Unfortunately, it didn't feel like enough.

14 comments:

The Passarelli's said...

That is so sad for little T. When it happened to us, at least Mikey had me. I fear so so much for him and the possibility of him losing me too young.

How old is little "T "?

I hope you will be able to help her.

Cuppa said...

Oh so sad. My heart is aching for little T too. Sending love and hugs across the miles to all of you.

tlawwife said...

Sounds like you have a fabulous little girl. It is hard when crying and praying is all we can do, although those of us who cry and pray believe it is the most powerful. Blessings to all of you.

Anonymous said...

What a sad situation. I hope that the school will be flexible in giving out contact information so you can continue to reach out to T.

My prayers are with you and Julie.

andrea said...

That is incredible sad. I understand something of what your daughter is feeling because both my best friends' mothers died of cancer, but at least they had fathers and were a bit older. Poor little T.

I have to go and hug my boys now.

Anonymous said...

Oh man. Heather, I'm so sorry. I hope you guys can get in contact with T. Hugs to all of you.

Liz said...

That is so sad.

I hope you will be able to find her. She's going to need all the support she can get.

Bobita said...

Oh, Heather.

Your description of lying with Julie crying and praying...breaks my heart.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

memories of losing my mother at age 11 came rushing back with such force it made me leave my computer for awhile and come back later to post.

My saving grace at such a dark and sad time in my life was my friends who rallied around me and my horse. If it werent for all of them, I am sure I would have crawled into a hole somewhere and perished.

Bless T's little heart,I hope you are able to find her so she knows how much she is cared about and loved. My heart aches for her.

Pamela said...

"fumbling for words." Good description right now for my response.

A prayer going up right now.
and a prayer for you and your daughter that you will be spirit lead.

Anonymous said...

My heart hurts so much now. I'm sending all my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry. A kid losing a mother is a terrible thing and there's nothing to be done about it. I'm sending out a hug your way ((( ))).

Gina said...

I am so sorry to hear that, Heather. My prayers go out to one and all.

joyce said...

oh dear God.
When will it be over?