header-photo

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sleepless in Winnipeg

It's 2:09 a.m. I should be curled up in bed sleeping my beauty sleep. But here I am at the computer trying to distract myself from the pain attacking my throat. Oy veh.

In the meantime, if you need something to distract YOU, do what I did - go visit www.catiecurtis.com and on the right side, scroll down to "Featured track - People look around" and click on "Listen". There are worse ways to kill a few minutes in the middle of the night than to listen to a good protest song! (It's a post-Katrina song, and Catie Curtis is a kick-ass folk singer who knows how to make a protest song sound enchanting.)

Oh - and on another topic, I'm pretty sure all of my siblings and some of my siblings-in-law read yesterday's post, and yet NOT ONE COMMENT! What's up with THAT? Are you HEARTLESS? Yes, even those of you who LURK could have come out of the closet for THIS ONE! Yeesh.

It's 2:19, and the extra strength Tylenol is starting to kick in. I'm going back to bed. To sleep? Perchance to dream. (Though I certainly don't want a repeat of yesterday's dream! I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say that it had something to do with soiled underwear and an embarrassing situation.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

re no comment - "the most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them"

Linda said...

Hope that you are at home right now, curled up in your bed and enjoying that beauty sleep. Tylenol's a wonderful thing.

mmichele said...

how many comments i make, then delete as too trite, too simplistic, too boring... i wish i could just leave a calling card and an "amen" or something like that. thanks for your holy ground.

ccap said...

Yikes. I'm feeling sufficiently scolded. Really wasn't sure what to comment so I just left it blank for that one.

Hope you're feeling better today.

Anonymous said...

what ap said!!!

I'm a confirmed lurker, seldom knowing what to add. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the posts! :-)

Heather Plett said...

to my siblings and siblings-in-law - consider the scolding the result of sleeplessness and -induced braid-deadness :-) I still like you. (But that doesn't excuse you from at least leaving OCCASIONAL comments bbb!)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better.
I too have family members and friends that I know read my blog on a daily basis.. but only as lurkers. I think they are, for whatever reason, a little intimidated by the whole concept. My sister from Victoria will infrequently leave a small comment.. it sooo makes my day!

P.S. I think it is so neat that we are both living in Winnipeg. :-)

Anvilcloud said...

Heck, at least they read your blog. nobody who I know can be bothered. Piss on 'em.

mmichele said...

sweet dreams tonight, heather.

Anonymous said...

I'm tempted to not say anything, just to show that I inherited something from Dad, but even he couldn't resist the right kind of challenge...
Hey, call this an excuse, but we don't have internet access on our own computer so the few precious moments I spend blog-reading is on a publicly shared computer, plus I'm busier than I've ever been in my life... I know that sounds lame, but you were kind of asking for it.

Now to the subject matter. I have to agree with what ap said. Dad's oh-so familiar handwriting of course it moved me to tears and reminded me of the precious few samples I have in my boxes somewhere... Yeah, I miss him too and right now I can't think of an eloquent enough way to say it....