header-photo

Friday, October 28, 2005

My body's sitting up, but my brain's still in bed

Yes, I've been wiped out by some kind of virus this week - wickedly sore throat, congested head, drippy nose, all that fun stuff. I've missed 2 and a half days of work. I'm back at my desk this morning, but still feel like I should be in bed. I tried to blog at home, but our computer has decided it doesn't like me lately - maybe it's scared I'll share my virus :-).

Here's one of the things I meant to blog about... Nikki and Julie came home from school on Wednesday so excited they were practically jumping out of their skin. They'd won the grand prize for the chocolate-selling fundraising campaign. (No, they're not marketing wizards - they didn't have to sell the most, just sell more than 2 boxes to get entered into the draw.) And the grand prize? A portable DVD player! Not something we need or would necessarily choose to buy, but it sure was fun to see how excited they were. And next time we take a road trip... well, maybe there'll be a little less fighting in the back seat.

And I just gotta ask - why is there so much CRAP on daytime TV? Are the scheduling wizards at all those TV stations assuming their entire daytime audience is brain-addled? I only flicked it on a couple of times while I was home, but MAN there was nothing there to even TEMPT me to leave it on.

Oh, and here's another thing I would have blogged about, had our computer cooperated. It's another "Bathtime with Maddie" story (that's Maddie's and my best bonding time - in the tub).

Maddie: (picking up a small bowl) Mom, you pretend you're a doctor. (scoops water from between her legs) I'll pee in the bowl and you pretend you're checking my pee to see if I have an infection.

I think I prefer the stethescope version of "playing doctor"!

9 comments:

ccap said...

Makes sense that Maddie would have that version of playing doctor, no? Based on her recent problems?

And, re: the prize. Very cool. Not to be too cynical but now they'll just fight over what movie to watch - just as WE would have way back when. ;-)

mmichele said...

haha...not to be too cynical...

Heather Plett said...

Yeah, I'm cynical too. Especially since the first time they used it, they were all fighting about who had a better view and whether it should be moved an inch to the left or right.

Oh, and ccap, hadn't we agreed that we'd use Mom's trick and try to convince our kids that WE never fought? :-)

Dale said...

OMG! She's so cute! I remember when Meagan was that age.

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you and ccap need a witness to back up your little conspiracy count me out!

Anvilcloud said...

Oh, just go ahead and buy them each a DVD player ... and 3 copies of each DVD.

Linda said...

I remember when I won a stereo, with an 8 Track tape player. The stereo was a pretty cheap one and I don't really remember listening to it much. The fun was in the winning of it. Fortunately, I didn't have to share it but I think Yvonne ended up listening to my music because we shared a room. Like you and ccap, *we* never fought either. (ahem.)

Anonymous said...

Very cool that your kids won a prize. (And what a fabulous prize too...I'd like to win that!) Hope they don't fight too much over it :)

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I so hope you are feeling better. Flu is very prevalent this time of year.

Wow.. a portable DVD player. I would be excited too!