header-photo

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mad

Yesterday afternoon, while I was trying to do some paperwork, Maddie REALLY wanted my attention. "Mom, can you help me build a fort? Mom can you play a game with me? Mom can you watch a movie with me?"

Getting rather impatient (because I hate paperwork and really wanted to get it over with without further interruptions), I said "Maddie, I just don't have time right now. You're going to have to find something to do that doesn't involve interrupting me."

A few moments later came her reply. "Mom, I've found something to do that doesn't involve interrupting you. It's being MAD at you."

14 comments:

karla said...

Oh geez. That's pretty classic Heather. What a clever girl you have there.

Liz said...

Good one, Maddie! Hilarious!

Whippersnapper said...

Oh guilt. So many scenes similar to that one haunt me.

And keep in mind when we're old ladies in the nursing home the situation is going to be so totally reversed.

Hope said...

love it!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gina said...

Oh, she's gonna be trouble! What a smart girl!

Pamela said...

Mad Maddie

The title of a new song I should think.

Whipper has it right. I'm already telling my kids to make sure they prop me up in my nursing home bed so I can handle my acid reflux. sigh.

Janet said...

Heather, that comment made me squirt ginger ale out my nose!!! (You can guess that I was catching up on your blog while eating lunch here in Oxford!)

Janet

ccap said...

Ba-dump-bump.

Good one!

Anonymous said...

Kids know how to get you, huh? Too smart, that Maddie!

My 4 year old pulled something similar today and I almost cried with guilt.

Linda said...

Honest and direct. That's what I like about Maddie.

Anonymous said...

chuckling again. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ouch. How do they become such masters at guilt, anyway? I've been sitting here for 30 minutes feeling guilty over a particularly well-timed arched eybrow.

Their tricks never work on my husband. I wonder if men are missing that gene? I never, ever say blanket annoying husband statements like that, but really - it's unfair.

joyce said...

oooh, impressive.
That girl is going places!