header-photo

Friday, January 21, 2005

Uh-oh

Today's the day for "the talk that will expose me". It's time to have the annual "budget talk" with madame finance guru. Yes, I suspect this will be the talk that will expose me as a pathetic fraud, totally and utterly incompetent and incapable of managing an annual budget of nearly $250,000. Why do they TRUST me with so much money? Don't they KNOW I'm incompetent - especially with money?

Come to think of it, by now - after 7 months in this position - they should have figured out not only my financial incompetence, but the fact that I'm really not as smart as they THINK I am. You can fool SOME of the people SOME of the time, but you can't fool ALL of the people ALL of the time. When are they going to see the crack in my facade? Or can I keep pulling off enough projects that have shades of brilliance that they will continue to be hoodwinked?

In the meantime, until they figure it out, I'll carry on along my merry way and keep letting them pay me to have fun and do cool stuff!

No comments: