header-photo

Monday, March 23, 2009

More excitement

After the excitement of last week's birthday and awards luncheon, we have even more excitement to look forward to this week. After a tense semi-final game on Saturday, Julie's indoor soccer team made it into the finals. Nikki's team had already made it, so this week, both teams will be playing for the city championships! Nikki's game is tonight, and Julie's is on Friday.

At first it looked like I would have to miss Julie's game because of a flight home from Toronto, but I managed to change my flight (and am sacrificing the last few hours of the course I'm taking) just for the privilege of being soccer mom at the biggest game of her life (so far)! After living through Saturday's game, though, I don't know if my heart can take it. (Before becoming a parent, did YOU know just how emotionally involved a parent can get from the sidelines? It's not just me, is it? Sheesh!) It turns out that 2 teams from the same club made it into the U11 finals, so Julie will have the pleasure of playing against her best friend (and several other kids she's played with in the past). I asked her if they'd be on speaking terms all week at school and she didn't seem too concerned.

By the way, I have a little free time in Toronto this week (and a couple of the people I'd wanted to get together with are away), so if anyone is in that area and is dying to hook up with me, let me know!

2 comments:

andrea said...

It's not just you! My son was in a cup final game last weekend and I realized that I've been doing this for 10 years now. If a game goes to shoot-out I *still* have to walk away! :) Best of luck to both of them and good on you for making it back in time!.

Liz said...

I wish I could get up there to Toronto. If I lived a bit closer I'd be all over it.

And it's not just you. Every time my kids do anything, my heart is in my throat. They always amaze us, don't they?