header-photo

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Not much to see here

10 reasons why you may not see much of me this month:
1. Not much time to blog when soccer takes over your life.
2. Blogging and reading blogs takes up more of my time than I want it to. I feel the need to cut back. It's all about balance.
3. I'm "fasting" from the internet (and food) every Thursday during the month of May. (If you catch me commenting on a Thursday, you have permission to slap my wrists.)
4. It's Spring outside.
5. The Thursday fast has something to do with the big launch we're planning for work, so my time is fairly consumed with that.
6. I'd rather be biking.
7. I haven't submitted anything for publication for a long time. I want to sink some of my writing energy into that instead - at least for a little while.
8. I just don't feel much like it these days.
9. I'm starting to think May is my "month of navel-gazing". Maybe it has something to do with it being my birthday month.
10. I feel inspired by neither deep thoughts nor witticisms right now.

Who knows - I might have a change of heart tomorrow when I'm cut off from the internet and all kinds of posts come flooding through my brain. But for now, this is where I'm at.

Oh - on another note, if the generous person who anonymously left a lovely Ethiopian gabi scarf in my mailbox at church is a blog reader, then thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I love it! I keep meaning to post a picture, but - well, there's the soccer thing. I haven't had time. But know this - I felt very blessed by your little gift.

And, since I don't have a picture of myself in the gabi scarf, here's a picture of Ephraim in Ethiopia wearing a traditional gabi. They're usually large white blanket-like wraps made of loosely woven Ethiopian cotton and trimmed with various colours and sometimes silk fringes. They're worn by both men and women, especially in the cool morning air in the highlands region. The scarf I got is a much smaller version. (I brought back one of the large gabis, but not a scarf, so this was an especially nice surprise.)

6 comments:

Gina said...

I understand, Heather. Blogging is sucking away a lot more time than I am comfortable with anymore, especially with Hubba-hubba's schedule change.

I hope May goes well for you!

Anonymous said...

May will be full of blessings and new beginings for you. Your blessed coming in and going out!

I have looked at the picture of that man several times on Flickr. Something in his eyes makes me long to know his story.

Lucia said...

I'm right there with you. When the weather is gorgeous and activities are all around, the blogs just don't seem like the place to be. I'm there too.

Pamela said...

I think we are all having problems with the time/space continuum.

Once I get that figured out I'm going to warp drive right into blog withdrawals

Anonymous said...

I've noticed a huge dropoff in the blog world. Many are leaving and few are coming by to comment. Not sure what to make of it.

The Passarelli's said...

Me too Heather! It is too beautiful outside to sit at this time consuming computer.I also am involved in soccer. Our first game is tomorrow and I am the coach!

Enjoying life with people as it should be, with real conversations is the best.