header-photo

Friday, September 12, 2008

Things I'm wondering today

What if I didn’t own a mirror? What if none of us did? What if, each day, I presented myself to you (and you to me) assuming we are each complete and beautiful as we are and that we will accept each other that way?

What version of the Bible do you have to read to believe that torture is validated? What happened to turning the other cheek?

Will I ever be caught up with the laundry? Will the clothes ever end up in drawers again instead of in baskets or on the laundry table?

What if a politician ran a campaign on a “kindness” platform and determined never to slander their opponent or say any mean things? Would any of us listen?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would vote for that politician.

mmichele said...

I think it would be really cool if none of us owned a mirror... I think about that sometimes, what it was like before people had a clear image of themselves...

Lovely, perhaps.

Liz said...

The thing about mirrors is, they show you the opposite of how everyone sees you. That's why we don't recognize ourselves in pictures (and why we always look better in the mirror:-).