header-photo

Friday, September 05, 2008

She was a skater girl

Conversation in our kitchen after school:

Maddie: Today me and my friends tried to dig to China. We didn't make it to China, though. We made it to water. Pause. Tomorrow, I think we'll make it to China.

A few minutes later...

Maddie: But... what if we make it to China, how are we going to get back to Canada?

Me: I don't know. What do you think you should do?

Maddie: Well, I guess we'll have to build a REALLY long ladder.

A few minutes later...

Maddie: Once we get there, I think we'll organize field trips for all the other kids.

Me: So... why China? Why not some other country on the other side of the world, like India or Afghanistan?

Maddie: Duh, Mom. China is COOL!

3 comments:

comingaroundagain said...

Perhaps tomorrow!

;-) Fortunately we don't have to dig to China (I don't think we would have managed that in even 3 years), but we'll be there. I hope to post via e-mail. Blogger is not accessible in China (censored; the 'Great Firewall').

Anonymous said...

I love her brain.

Janet said...

Oh my goodness. I was doing EXACTLY the same thing, from Tulsa, around 1957. Isn't it wonderful how things don't change?

Janet