1. If you burn a pot of lentils, dump them in the garbage, and then carry the garbage bag out to the trash bin, the bag feels exactly like a poopy diaper. How do I know this? Don't ask.
2. Raw onions turn Maddie into a monkey. Her words, not mine. She grabbed a piece of the onion I was chopping, said "um yummy" and popped it into her mouth. When the taste registered in her brain, she made a delightfully disgusted face and spit it out. On the way back from the garbage can, she said "those are yucky! They make me turn into a MONKEY!"
3. If you burn a BIG pot of lentils, even though it LOOKS like the burnt stuff is only at the bottom, you can taste it all the way up at the top. Again, don't ask.
4. Marcel thinks "wench" is an acceptable name to call his sisters. Hmmm.
5. She may be nine, wise beyond her years, and know WAY more about pop stars than I do, but Nikki still lets me in on little secrets now and then :-) But, once again, don't ask, 'cause I WON'T TELL!
6. There is at least ONE person on this earth whose children use the word "boring" as often as mine. (Cheers Kim!)
7. When you want your husband to come home early so that you can go to the store to buy more lentils, he's sure to show up late. (Oops... just heard the door open - he's home so I've gotta run to the store!)
P.S. Bet ya wanna know what all the lentils are for! Maybe I'll tell ya later.