header-photo

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Home again, home again, jiggity jog

I got back from Toronto late last night. I just have to say... if you're ever looking for a place to lay your weary head in downtown Toronto, check out Mulberry Tree Bed and Breakfast. It is delightful! It's in a hundred year old house, with lots of antique furniture and artifacts from all over the world. I had a wonderful night in the Ochre Room - comfy and relaxing and so much better than all those cookie-cutter hotels I usually stay in!

And if you take my advice and end up there, be sure to check out Spring Rolls just around the corner on Yonge Street. Very yummy Pad Thai, topped off with deep-fried bananas and coconut ice cream for dessert! To die for! (Though, I have to admit, the walk back to the B&B was a little uncomfortable, 'cause my stomach was complaining about the way I'd abused it with shameless over-consumption.)

I don't know why it has never occurred to me before (duh! I'm a slow learner!), but since I travel a fair bit, I should start looking for more B&B's instead of just your run-o'-the-mill hotel chain. So if anyone has suggestions for interesting B&B's in Canadian cities, I'm listening...

Note: I have received no remuneration for advertising on this site, but if anyone WANTS to give me money, feel free :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, I missed you.