header-photo

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm back!

I feel like I've been raised from the dead. Okay, so maybe that's a little over-dramatic, but at least I've returned from that "hanging-over-the-toilet-seat" sickness that feels a little like death. And, trust me, I know how to do that sickness well - complete with fainting spells almost every time I throw up. It's not a pretty sight. (Or so they tell me - I don't remember the part where my body goes limp, my eyes roll back in my head, and I start to twitch and make clicking sounds.)

What a disappointment - to get sick on the first full day of Folk Festival! Julie was sick too, and her and I spent the day in bed together trying not to hate all of the lucky people we know who were enjoying the day at the Festival.

But today I feel human again! Not perfect, but at least human, and I get to go to the Folk Festival! Oh, it's a happy, happy day! The sun is shining, my Mad Nomad chair is waiting, and I might actually be able to muster the appetite for a whale's tail!

It's my 26th year for this pilgrimage - yes, it's just that good!

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Glad you're better, Heather. Thinking of you, O

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, that illness doesn't sound fun at all. I'm so glad you're feeling better enough to venture out to your beloved festival.

Anvilcloud said...

Good for you, but maybe lays off the whale's tail for another day, eh. ;)