header-photo

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Yikes!

Remember a few posts ago when I made a rather cryptic comment about trying to plan a trip to meet some "important" people, but also needing to be here to plan a big event with some other "important" people? Well, it's ALL happening. IN ONE WEEK. Two major meetings and one big media event in three different cities in three provinces in the course of FOUR DAYS.

Yes, I expect to be a little stressed this week. But a good stressed, if that makes any sense. It's all exciting stuff - the kind of stuff I thrive on. The organization is growing, the program I lead is growing, we're throwing a big party and inviting lots of people including the media, we're showing off a new video project on which I am listed on the credits as "Executive Producer" (yikes!), I'm meeting two sets of new partners who are excited about the chance to work with us, I get to fly on a few airplanes, and I get that familiar rush of feeling that I, and the many people I work with, have done well. That's the kind of stress I can handle.

I'll try to come back and tell you all about it when it's all said and done, but for now, don't look for me on this here little ol' blog. Or in the comments boxes of yours.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Bon voyage! Hope you have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Looking forward to more details. :-)

Whippersnapper said...

Have a good trip! Uh, trips! Don't get too full on all that airplane food they give you, ha ha!

Liz said...

Wow! I'm exhausted just reading this! I'm looking forward to reading all about it!

karla said...

3 provinces in 4 days? Now if one could ever use teleportation, it would be now.

Safe journeys.

Gina said...

It sounds exhausting, but fun at the smae time.

Be safe.

Hope said...

Important people?...... REAL important people?... I'm impressed
;)

Lucia said...

I'll look forward to hearing more.

Don't forget to take a little time to take care of yourself while all this is going on.